Thursday 27 April 2017

Reasons to be Cheerful: Proud Mum #R2BC


My last week as host then I hand back to Michelle! Thanks everyone that has joined in this month and I will see you in June.. Here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:

1) A Run with a View

How could I not smile as I ran alongside this wonderful view of Windermere:


2) Winning Things

My prize, autographed copy of Eagles in the Storm arrived this week. I love Ben Kane's Roman novels and I am looking forward to reading it as soon as I get the chance!



3) Hair Cut


I always have far too long between hair cuts and hate the fact that my hair just does its own thing! So I had a big smile when I had my tresses tamed at the weekend:



4) Sorting the Shoe Rack

This over the door shoe rack has been driving me nuts for weeks as it kept collapsing! It appears that I have finally got it to stay in place by a) moving it to a door that never gets moved b) holding struts in with Sugru c) screwing it firmly in place... Now to brave putting the next tier on so that more shoes get kept tidy (well if I gather them up from where ever the kids have dumped them...)



5) Proud Mum

Two things made me proud of my children last night. First of all my daughter voluntarily cooked her brother's tea as she wasn't sure I'd be back in time from work to do it (I wasn't!).  Then at the end of his athletics session he was presented with a trophy for the best under 11 boy for his club at the Sportshall competitions this winter. What an awesome start to his athletics career:



I hope that now the school holidays are over that more of my lovely linkers will be back and sharing the R2BC love this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message