Thursday 16 January 2014

Reasons to be Cheerful: Week 3 - 2014 #R2BC


Gosh so many link ups last week which was wonderful. So glad lots of people are starting 2014 so full of positivity. Here are my reasons to be cheerful this week:


1) The beautiful county of Cumbria


This weekend I got to see this county looking especially stunning. I loved sharing some of this on my Silent Sunday and some other posts this week. But I have to share another one:



Castlerigg Stone Circle at sunset

2) Walking to and from work


I have been turning the disadvantage of major roadworks in town into an excuse to walk to and from work. I have had some beautiful views of the river Kent on the way and the children seem to have enjoyed our walks to. In fact my son got upset tonight when I said we were in the car!




River Kent, Kendal, Cumbria

3) A night at the panto


It was our annual trip to the Burneside panto on Friday. This local group always puts on a good traditional show with some very funny lines and audience interaction. We all had a lot of fun watching Cinderella and can't wait to see what they do next year! My daughter loved getting an autograph from Steven Hall of Britain's Got Talent fame. No photos allowed in the theatre during the show, so this is the best I could do:



Burneside Bryce Institute

4) Overcoming fears

Since we got guinea pigs at the end of half term my son has been petrified of holding his one Bubble, he hated him scurrying around. This weekend we had a major break through and he held Bubble on his lap:



stroking a guinea pig

5) Return of my iPad

My son accidentally dropped and shattered my iPad before Christmas and I had to get it repaired. Having it back this week was just wonderful. And in a timely fashion we received an iPad case to review too:



watching a movie on an iPad

What is making you smile this week?



Reasons to be Cheerful

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scenery! I love panto...so much fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely reasons. I always get the sense you are in absolutely the right place for you and yours and living a very positive life making special memories all the time. Oh yes you are! @kateonthinice

    ReplyDelete
  3. have to say focussing on the positives is so liberating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to be a day late with mine!! (naughty blogger) I kinda forgot what day it was lol
    I always love your photos, very jealous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. tut tut! you are welcome to come and visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would terrify you with my kids!!! haha
    p.s. I did one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking for Blue Sky16 January 2014 at 21:25

    I don't know if I ever told you that my family used to holiday in the Lakes every year while I was growing up, and all your lovely photos bring it all right back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure I could do without my iPad for that long! Glad you have it back, bet you realised how much you used it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to join in this week, glad there are lots of positives for you all. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message